“We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”– Martin Luther King Jr.
Unprecedented scenarios of a problem come with untested trials of its solution. Days of crises, although being urgently coped by implementing multiple solutions, is also of the time to gather data for testing the efficacy of such solutions, hence find difficulty to impose practical regulations on each of the solutions, unless contemplated mostly theoretically. Therefore, based on expedience urged and experience shared so far, the lessons learnt are assorted below as per the groups involved in Online Education.
- Children – should be helped to understand the reason behind online class, the scenario the world is going through, by teachers and parents as well, so that children can get accustomed to whatsoever online methods a teacher is using. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.”-MLK,Jr.
- Parents – should not dictate schools on the choice of methodology to be applied, but must continue to provide feedback, including the positives, otherwise the methods, though preferred by many parents, could be discontinued due to lack of mention of positive feedback by those many, amidst aggressive mention of negative feedback by a few. “You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.“-Martin Luther
- Teachers – should innovate and suggest methodology to improve the teaching process during the pandemic, such that the chosen method benefits all of the children with least fallout in the long run. “All labour that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.“-MLK,Jr.
- Schools – should proactively revise the structure of the fees, including the reduction of amount heads like school-bus charge if any, and administer regulatory standards of online teaching, such that the decisions bring ease to both parents and teachers as well. “We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.“-MLK,Jr.
A problem of trending, is that it does not consider the alternate minor paths which too could have become trends, if supported, with its own set of benefits. While survival is of the fittest, the trend is of the most successful as well as most popular, unless enforced differently by regulatory authorities and stakeholders. It is such teaching enforcements, when amassed statistically, can fixate the course of the future generation, be it for better or worse, if driven by popularity of ideology rather than clarity of methodology.
- Previously What is Trending out of Online Shots in Pre-Primary School ?